Alexis Kent is an associate with the firm, primarily practicing with the litigation group. Prior to joining the firm, she was with Duplicki Keller LLP in Santa Rosa, where her practice focused on complex insurance coverage, including environmental, toxic tort, and products liability litigation, as well as advising small business clients on compliance with labor and employment laws. At Ropers, Majeski, Kohn & Bentley, Alexis’ practice focused on representation of insurance carriers in ERISA litigation, and in coverage and bad faith litigation. As Law and Motion Clerk for Magistrate Judge Maria-Elena James in the Northern District of California, Alexis researched and drafted judicial orders for all stages of proceedings in a wide variety of civil cases.
Alexis remains heavily involved with USF School of Law as an alumna, primarily as the Scholarship Chair of the USF Women Lawyers Committee, and she annually co-chairs the Dean’s Sonoma County alumni events. Alexis is an active member of the Sonoma County Bar Association, where she serves on the Education Committee. She co-founded a Santa Rosa legal professionals softball team, the Bad News Barristers.
Alexis was born in San Francisco and raised on the Peninsula, and after three years in Sonoma County, hopes to spend the rest of her days here. She is an avid San Francisco Giants fan, plays women’s and co-ed softball, and is passionate about her varied interests.
- Civil litigation
- Insurance coverage and disputes
- Environmental and toxic torts
- United States District Court, all Districts
- California Courts
- University of San Francisco School of Law (J.D. magna cum laude, 2009)
- USF Law Review senior staff member
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice (B.A. summa cum laude, 2005)
Associations and Awards
- Sonoma County Bar Association, Education Committee
- USF Women Lawyers Committee, Scholarship Chair
- A Matter of Law: The Non-Violent Homosexual Advance Defense is Insufficient Evidence of Provocation (44 U.S.F.L. Rev. 155).