Peter Simon is an accomplished litigator and trial lawyer who handles all types of general and business litigation, with an emphasis on real estate and complex business disputes. He has successfully tried numerous cases in both federal and state courts and has substantial appellate experience with extraordinary writs and state court appeals. He has both defended and prosecuted class and collective actions involving a variety of topics, including ERISA, construction defects, the Fair Labor Standards Act, California wage and hour laws, and unfair competition laws. Peter solves problems by seeking answers where other lawyers wouldn’t even think to look. Naturally positive and upbeat, he’s nonetheless a competitive person who believes in fighting for a win each and every time.
Peter primarily handles high-value cases for clients with complex business issues. Peter’s ideal client values an open, communicative client-lawyer relationship and appreciates the need for creative solutions. Peter is an easygoing guy and gravitates toward clients with a sense of humor. He primarily serves clients in northern California. He enjoys taking cases on contingency, because he loves to gamble, and it ensures everyone is on the same page.
On evenings and weekends, you’ll find Peter coaching his kids on the soccer field. He’s an avid outdoorsman who loves to fly fish, hike, and camp. He was raised in the Alexander Valley and now lives in Santa Rosa with his wife and three children.
- Business Transactions
- Commercial and Real Estate Litigation
- Probate, Trust, and Estate Litigation
- Trial and Appellate Practice
- California State Courts
- U.S. District Courts – All California Districts
- U.S. Court of Appeals – Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Santa Clara University (J.D., cum laude, 1995)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., Communications Studies, 1992)
- Sonoma County Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- Past President, Richard M. Sangster Inn of Court
- Monday Morning Lawyers Club
- Super Lawyer, Northern California, 2015